The Church of the Resurrection is an Episcopal Parish founded as a mission of Grace Church, Jamaica in 1866 and incorporated in 1874. The social activist Jacob Riis and his family were parishioners there. Located in Kew Gardens, Queens, the French Gothic-style church designed by Collin and Vickers in 1904 was built around the original 1874 church building. The complex also contains a Queen Anne/Victorian parsonage (Niles Pederson, 1888), as well as residential property. The church and the parsonage buildings were listed on the State and National Registers in 2003
The granite exterior of the church is topped by a steeply sloped, copper shingle roof that had outlived its useful life long ago. A Fund loan of $300,000 accompanied by a $10,000 grant were used to match a $250,000 grant from the New York State Environmental Protection Fund to replace the copper shingles. Kaitsen Woo was the project architect, and Landmark Slate & Copper Works, the contractor.